In reading rooms 17 & 18 we
- finished our unit on suffixes. We talked about the different sounds the suffix ed
- read more of our Gooney Bird Greene book
- used the second grade writing curriculum from Explorations of Non-fiction Writing do to mini lessons on writing a personal narrative on a shared experience: our trip to Lego Land. The children learned how to write bold beginnings, might middles and creative conclusions. In addition, we learned how to use strong transition words and juicy vocabulary. Next week the children will learn how to type their stories on their i-pads using google docs and then share them with their reading teachers to be published.
- read a Scholastic News A Trip to a New Land where we learned about the Pilgrims and their journey to America.
In math we:
- wrapped up Topic 2 and have prepared for the Topic 2 Assessment
- practiced fast 9 and fast 10 facts as well as a review of all facts under 6 with doubles and doubles + 1 and fast 9 and fast 10 for math room 18
- prepared for Topic 3
In Social Studies we:
- talked about the first Thanksgiving with the Pilgrims and Wampanoags.
- watched videos from a Pilgrim child and Wampanoag child.
- watched a virtual tour of Plimoth Plantation.
- had an informational discussion with Mrs. Carrell about having a family member who is deployed.
We also made turkeys with feathers that said what we are thankful for.
This week I:
- colored my bee in Art. Anju
- played Mr. Turkey in Music. Ryan L.
- played a fishing game in Music. Kaylee
- learned about how the Pilgrims and Wampanoags lived long ago. Rina
- played scooter soccer in PE. Lauren
- made cards for Mr. Carrell who is deployed. Jillian
- wrote about Lego Land in reading. Ellie
- played a game with fast 9 and fast 10 facts in math. Yusra
- made a turkey feather telling what I am thankful for. Inaara