In reading we:
- Worked on using Google Classroom to type our Lego Land stories. The children learned how to "join a class" and type their piece. Then they watched a short video made by Ms. Scheffer to explain how to "turn in" their piece through Google Classroom. The children also worked together to watch the video on their partner's i-pad to complete the process. It was quite impressive to see all of the technology in use.
- did stations to celebrate Thanksgiving. The children worked in groups and went from station to station completing reading, writing and math activities that centered around Thanksgiving.
In math we:
- Room 17: completed the Topic 2 Assessment and began the Topic 3 opener: Adding within 100: Using strategies.
- Room 18: worked on the first few lessons on Topic 3
In Social Studies we:
- played a Thanksgiving game called "Who has....". The children read clues about Thanksgiving and the other children had to decide who had the next card. It took a lot of listening and following directions as well as knowledge of facts from the first Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving to our Second Grade Families